Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Introduction

I am now entering the art world from a professional point of view. Although I have grown up surrounded by gallery openings, MoMa dinners, Venice Biennale preparations, and a never-ending art library, I feel as though I haven’t quite immersed myself in the culture, but rather appreciated the talent and glamour from afar.

Recently I began working at the Nohra Haime Gallery in midtown and already after only two weeks I feel as though I have started to build the ground work of a future career path. I am still an undergraduate but have chosen to major in the visual arts and now have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals as I explore this new chapter of my life.

I want to give my personal contribution to art in a way that I can express my own thoughts and opinions. I believe that there is no better way to understand the world of art than to dive in head first and see what happens. In an effort to familiarize myself with writing about art I have started this blog where I will recount my initial reactions to various exhibits and artists that I encounter on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment